The Mercer County Technical Education Center proudly works with all veterans to provide educational opportunities to advance their careers.
Students can submit their Certificate of Eligibility for our school, which can be obtained online or through a VA counselor at a local field office.
1500 W. Main Street
Princeton, WV 24740
Counties Served: Mercer, McDowell, Wyoming, Summers, and part of Monroe County
For any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, we will not:
• Prevent their enrollment;
• Assess a late penalty fee to;
• Require they secure alternative or additional funding;
• Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional
facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
• Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
• Provide written request to be certified;
• Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies (see our VA School Certifying Official for all requirements).
Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020
Starting August 1st, 2021, all students identifying as receiving Veteran's Benefits will be provided the following information outlined below.
* The estimated total cost of the course, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, and any other additional costs
* If applicable, the estimated living expenses (room, board, meal plans, etc.)
* The amount of costs expected to be covered by the VA
* The amount of costs expected to be covered by financial aid (grants, scholarships, etc.)
* The amount of costs expected to be covered out-of-pocket or through student loans
* An estimated amount of student loan debt the student would have upon graduation
* Information regarding graduation rates
* Job-placement rates (if the school provides job placement services)
* The school’s transfer credit policy
* Conditions/additional requirements the student would need to complete to obtain any program-specific licensure/certification
* Other information to facilitate comparison by the student of financial aid packages offered by other schools.
Please contact Kim Mutterback (email@example.com), the point of contact for the Mercer County Technial Education Center, for more information.